Review: E.l.f Blush Palette in Light

March 16, 2016


Hi readers,

As I said in a blog post a couple weeks back, I ordered some makeup from Elf Cosmetics. They're an affordable cosmetic brand form the US, stands for Eyes Lips Face. Their products are available for purchase nationwide in America, however since I live in the Netherlands, I had to order them online from eyeslipsface.nl (Dutch website). 

My package came last week, I was beyond thrilled to show you what I bought. However, writing a mini review and haul post on all of them takes some time. I needed to test out the products, wear them, etc. So I decided to just write a review on a single product that I think is worth the money and all the hype. Yes, as you can see from the title, I will be reviewing the Elf Blush Palette.


Price
I got this for 6.80 EUR, which is a great price even though you only get 4g of product in this palette. Which is leaves you with a gram of each shade as there are four in the palette. Nevertheless, good quality drugstore blushes usually costs about ten euros. 

Packaging
The palette comes in a square matte plastic packaging, yet it doesn't look cheap at all. A mirror is included in this palette It is compact that makes it suitable for travelling and on-the-go. Each shade is placed in small removable squares, so it's customizable to create your own palette if you have both light and dark. 

Pigmentation
For the price, I didn't expect much except for the shades. The pigmentation is so good that I had the tap off the excess several times before applying them. It doesn't last very long, but it was enough to leave a hint of color on my cheeks at the end of the day.



Shades
There are two types of palette, light and dark. I got the one in light because I prefer the shades better. There are four shades in this palette, three mattes and one shimmer. The two shades on the left are both pink that are very similar to each other, one is a bit more peachy then the other. Next to them are my faves. I was so drawn into the peachy shade on the upper right corner when I saw the picture. It wasn't what I expected to be, it's more of a darker peach with a little trace of pink. I figured that it's a gorgeous blush for summer and if you have light skin, it could even pass as a bronzer. Then under it is this beautiful shimmery, peachy pink shade. I discovered earlier that if you mix these two shades together, they make a perfect rose-gold finish. 

Conclusion
This Elf Studio Blush Palette is an affordable palette, even though you do not get a lot of product in it. They came in a good plastic packaging. Pigmentation is good, but if you prefer a long lasting blush - settle for their baked blush instead. The shades are all stunning, I wish that they came in full-size. I really recommend this palette to anyone who wants to try out Elf Cosmetics.

That's all for this post! Thank you for reading, don't hesitate to leave a comment as I will glady reply and check out your blog.

xx Mariana

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

You can check out my insta here !